6/27/11

Catching Up

Before June is over, I need to post a few memorable events:

Abbey "graduated" from her second year of sewing class.  Her lovely teacher has a fashion show with all her students at her home.  Abbey modeled the last item she made, a dress that I adore:


Her teacher makes these little tea cookies, and Abbey craved them all year:

Our normal regular everyday days, consist of bike rides, mostly after-dinner bike rides.  Riding my bike with a baby on the back is my favorite thing to do in the whole world.  What will happen when I can't jam Patrick into this seat anymore?  And trust me on this one, he is really stuck in there.

This year we joined the city pool, which is just blocks from our house.  The older kids can ride their bikes and go on their own, and Patrick and Andrew love all the action, unlike me who leaves with a sun/noise headache every time.  (I'm not complaining...it is a bargain for sure, and we are lucky to have such a nice, convenient, neighborhood pool.)



We went to the strawberry fields and came home with 3 buckets full.  I froze a bag for my morning smoothies, but made sure to leave enough for us to stuff ourselves with in the coming days.  No fancy desserts, or cute jam jars for me this year.  I know my limitations.

And the week after school let out we hit a big amusement park, and it was a long fun day.  The kids dragged me on all the roller coasters, even Andrew, who just made the size cut off by one tiny hair on his head, no joke.  That kid...he went on ALL of it.  Nothing was too scary, tall, fast, upside-downish.  He sat with me on the tallest roller coaster, and we were both sort of crying on the way up, but on the way down he was sending out whoops of joy.  I wasn't really crying but thinking, "I am way too old for this, really, what am I doing to my poor body?"

Andrew was a good enough sport to come down to Patrick's level for a little while.  Patrick was adorable of course, and was crazy about it all.  He would sit on these little kid rides, and point at the big coasters, and huge upside down twirly things and say, "Me go on those!"




I had my back re-aligned on this little kid's coaster about a half dozen times.  It took me about 4 days till I could properly turn my head, really.  


By about 7 in the evening, I called it a day for myself. I begged off any more participation in the fun, and decided I would just stand on the side lines and snap photos of Abbey regretting letting her brother talk her into this crazy ride.


No more 'fun mom' for me. I have to draw the line somewhere, and there it is, straight up in the air.

On to July...
the 4th of course
Boston
Cape Cod
college visits
more bike rides
the pool
raspberries, blueberries, blackberries
school supplies before everyone else takes the good stuff...

23 comments:

  1. Oh, Sarah. You ARE a fun mom! But you have to get an ibert (google it) for Patrick so you can talk to him while you ride. It's the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Abbey is a very talented young lady. She must take after her Mum! It looks like you are all thoroughly enjoying yourself !m

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Back realignment" is right. You're SUCH a fun mom for being up for that one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sewing is the best - so cool that she's made such awesome progress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hear ya on the post coaster creaky back and neck. The things we do for our kids!

    How cool that your girl had sewing lessons. The dress is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK I have to ask.....is that Cedar Point??? I live in Sandusky :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like CP and the top speed dragster, I've yet to ride that one :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah! Looks like a FUN July, especially since it seems (to me) you're headed Pam's way. You girls are going to have so much fun (and hopefully get into so much trouble!). Best! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhhhh, Cedar Point! I am jealous! It sounds like you all are having a fantastic summer!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is one packed neighborhood pool! They definitely won't run out of friends to play with there!

    Sounds like ya'll are having a great summer! I wish there were some sort of amusement park around us. We used to live right next to Disney, so my daughter got a little spoiled there. Now there's nothing like that around us and I think she's really missing the magic! :o(

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, such a fun summer!!! And I ADORE Abbey's dress!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun summer you are having so far! I love seeing pictures of you Sarah. You look so beautiful! So does Abbey in that green dress. Patrick on that ride - pure joy! Loved that picture too. :)

    Oh and thanks for the reminder about buying school supplies early! I waited too long last year and had the hardest time finding certain things Ellie had on her list!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sewing classes! And she made that dress after only two years of it! I need classes like that for myself. I've always wanted to learn to sew - how did you find a teacher for her?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mandi-It was basically word of mouth...her teacher holds classes for 3 girls at a time, after school hours for one hour sessions. We got lucky, as she is an excellent teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like a great summer Sarah!

    College visits...WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Go to Mike's pastry shop while you are in Boston. They have the best cannoli! The chocolate mousse is my fav. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. The dress Abbey made is ADORABLE! Super cute - well made. She should be so proud!

    I love the giant ferris wheel!

    ReplyDelete
  19. awesome pics of Cedar Point! and that dress is lovely! My almost 9th grader wants to learn to sew and the classes at Joanns keep getting cancelled. We go to CP every year:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. fun fun fun! i wish I could come and be part of your family. will we miss you when you come to boston? we'll be gone all of July. Drat. let me know if you want any boston local tips.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow cedar point! i've always wanted to go there, what with all the thrill rides and rollercoasters! ;)

    And Abbey's dress is amazing! the colour is soo perfect for her.

    Just found your blog today, but i'm loving it already. Keep it up!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a fun mom you are! Beautiful dress! What pattern did she use?

    ReplyDelete